First Class is free. Register here.
We offer kids classes for ages 4-12.
Our curriculum emphasizes Achievement, Community, and Leadership (ACL) through the development of Focus, Discipline and Respect (FDR). The goal is to provide the fundamental building blocks for healthy young minds and bodies through capoeira exercises. The Seattle Capoeira Center is dedicated to providing a space for the youth in our community to learn valuable lessons that will help them to thrive in Capoeira and in life.
We offer the most kids classes in Seattle with the only weekly kids capoeira circle every Sunday.
Things to Know
- Classes are not age-specific.
- Classes are inclusive to all capoeira levels.
- Please refer to the calendar for the Capoeira Kids class schedule.
- Parents can stay for the first class to watch the class. After the first class, we ask that parents wait in the adjacent sitting room or go wait at Starbucks across the street.
- All classes are 50 mins and you will need to pick up your child promptly at the end of class.
- Parents can come into the Seattle Capoeira Center to watch the last 5 minutes of class.
- Parents and family can watch the entirety of Sunday’s Capoeira roda to see their child’s progress.
- Your child can get good at capoeira only attending once a week.
- Classes are serious and a workout. Kids should know to be on their best behaviour.
What to Wear
- Please have your child wear pants. No shorts. No skirts/dresses.
- No shoes or socks on the training floor.
- After the first class, all students are required to wear the white Seattle Capoeira Center t-shirt to class with black or white pants.
Please contact us if you have any questions about Capoeira classes for kids.